RSS

Tag Archives: dcom

Event 10022: A lot of dcom errors on W2K3 servers SP1

One of the apps guys installed a pre-packaged 3rd party apps which seems to have broken the dcom permission. As a result it cause a lot of event ID 10022 to be generated. For example:

[89231] COM
Type: ERROR
Computer: <servernname>

Time: 10/05/2007 10:25:51 ID: 10022
The machine-default access security descriptor for the COM Server application C:
\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe is invalid. It contains Access Con
trol Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefo
re not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component
Services administrative tool.

[89230] COM
Type: ERROR
Computer: <servernname>
Time: 10/05/2007 10:25:40 ID: 10022
The machine-default access security descriptor for the COM Server application C:
\WINNT\system32\CPQNiMgt\cpqnimgt.exe is invalid. It contains Access Control Ent
ries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not p
erformed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services
administrative tool.

This has caused the server’s clipboard not to work and I could not view the eventlog properties from the eventlog viewer and neither could I view the COM properties. And when trying to When you try to expand COM+ programs in Component Services, I got the following error message:

error code 80040153 – Invalid value for registry

Did a few searches and found the following solution: http://www.kbalertz.com/kbNamed_934701/934701.aspx

But I check my faulty server but found that all the required default permissions are already there!

Luckily, I had a working server with which to compare with and I found that the faulty server had other accounts in the default Access and Lauch permission security, which included the IUSER_machine and IWAM_machine. After copying all the accounts and their permissions over to the faulty server and restarted DTCS, the server was fixed. 🙂

Updated: Okay, my apps guys talked to their vendor and we found that the issue is caused by their applications which have this symptoms sometimes on W2K3 SP1 servers. A backup of a registry key, uninstall and reinstall and restore the registry key would resolve it. So it have nothing to do with dcom permissions after all.

Advertisements
 
15 Comments

Posted by on May 10, 2007 in Windows

 

Tags: