Recently the team found a bug in vRA 7.1 and 7.2.
- You have a reservation in vRA with 2 networks (e.g. NW1 and NW2), each assigned to a network profile (e.g. NW-Profile1 and NW-Profile2).
- vRA assigns NW1 to the VM
- vRA attempts to allocate an IP from the NW-Profile1, but its exhausted
- vRA next allocates IP from NW-Profile2 and is successful
- vRA does not update the initial network assignment to NW2
- The VM is provisioned to the wrong network
You only see this issue if the first network is exhausted. Case was raised to VMware and waiting for their investigation.